Environmental Resources Business
We have established recycling business models for resources that are discarded as waste by car dealerships and other related businesses in Japan, and offer consulting services regarding waste materials for car dealerships. We also supply various materials required by Honda.
Just like the human body, industry is made up of arteries and veins. In this analogy, Honda’s manufacturing operations are the arteries and the circulation of the goods those operations produce are the veins. As well as supporting Honda’s manufacturing operations, the Honda Trading Group is contributing to the formation of a recycling society, through businesses that create systems for the unlimited recycling of products.
Main services and commercial materials
- Resources recycling We are contributing to the formation of a recycling society by recycling waste from car dealerships in Japan (ex. used lead batteries, scrapped bumpers, etc.) and resources extracted from end-of-life vehicles (ex. catalysts, rare metals, etc.).
- Waste consulting We offer comprehensive support to car dealerships in Japan to strengthen their compliance with waste treatment and disposal regulations and to reduce operational burdens. In this way, we are helping them to manage the risks pertaining to waste treatment and disposal.
- General merchandise We supply paper, mostly copy paper and industrial paper, used by Honda Group companies in catalogs and packaging materials.
Nationwide trading network
We take advantage of our network of business partners that extends across the whole of Japan, including approximately 1,000 car dealerships, about 20 auto wrecking businesses, and around 60 paper manufacturers, to develop recycling solutions businesses, such as resource recycling and waste consulting.
Resources Recycling Business
In Japan, we are contributing to the formation of a circular economy by recycling waste from car dealerships (ex. used lead batteries, scrapped bumpers, etc.) and resources extracted from end-of-life vehicles (ex. rare metals, catalysts, etc.).
- Establishment of resources recycling schemes
- Establish recycling schemes in which resources generated by our customers are put back into the society.
- Optimal logistics design
- Design optimal combinations through network of Honda and non-Honda logistics companies
- Establish mid-to long term relationships with recycling-related businesses
- Establish mid-to long term relationships with recycling-related businesses that are key to resources recycling (smelting businesses, recycling companies)
Case study of recycling business
Establish recycling flow for used lead batteries from car dealerships
With the aim of recycling precious resources (lead) in Japan, we have established and are operating a recycling flow for used lead batteries from car dealerships.
Waste consulting Business
In Japan, we conduct integrated management in two domains, namely, strengthening compliance and reducing the operational burdens regarding waste disposal borne by car dealerships, and offering total support for car dealerships in their waste disposal activities.